Planning your wedding? While your wedding day is one of the best days of your life, the months leading up to it can be some of the most stressful. It doesn’t have to be that way! There will always be some stress around planning such a big life event, but there are things you can do to help limit the anxiety. We’re here to share the top tips on how to stay organized while planning your wedding.
By starting your wedding planning early, you set yourself up for success. If you’re someone who waits til the last minute or prefers to “just wing it,” you’re probably giving yourself undue stress. By starting the planning early, you are spreading out major tasks across a larger time frame. That means no regrettable rushed decisions and more availability for vendors.
Create A Game Plan
At the beginning of your planning process, create a plan of action. Plan out due dates for each of the larger tasks, including:
- Book a venue
- Find the dress
- Book a caterer
- Order the cake
- Set a guest list
- Send out save the dates and invites
- Create the seating plan
Next, break your big tasks down further. How many venues do you need to view? Schedule viewings before your booking due date. Are you shopping for dresses online or in person? Either way, write down dates and times to look and send invites to the people who you want to be there. Plan cake tastings. Schedule a date night as a couple to discuss the invite list.
Keep Emails and Digital Files Organized
With most communication now online, you’ll likely be booking viewings, meetings, and tastings online. There are several things you can do to maximize organizational effectiveness digitally:
- Be sure to include important details in the subject of your emails. For example, if you’re booking a venue visit, include the venue name, date of visit, and name of the employee in the subject. This way, you can easily search emails later.
- Ask that vendors reply to the existing email chain, rather than starting any new chains. This, too, will help you recall the email when you need it later.
- File emails related to wedding planning into separate files – i.e. venue, vendors, guests, etc.
- Keep a master document with each aspect of your wedding spelled out. This will be your ultimate reference tool to store all of the small details. The key here is to update this document often.
- Keep a note in the Notes app on your phone for things to add to your document later.
This goes without saying, but don’t take on all the responsibility by yourself! Assign tasks to your partner, maid of honor, bridesmaid, and family. If you tend to be a control freak, it can be hard to let go – but you’ll thank yourself later.
Have a Back Up Plan
Remember, wedding planning isn’t easy. Sometimes, you need to take a step back, drink some wine, cuddle up in your favorite pajamas and restructure the plan. Our “Mrs.” hoodie is perfectly comfortable for when you need to spend a night checking in on your progress and formulating an updated plan.
At THE VUTE, we believe in celebrating and preserving all of life’s best moments. We believe in creating sustainable products that people actually want. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to create convenient, made-to-order, and fully customizable specialty gifts and apparel – for all of life’s big occasions.